Friday, May 24, 2013

And so we begin....

For as long as I have been a parent I have been more then willing to share my parenting disasters with others. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me I should write a book or have my own reality show... I would be way to busy spending my millions to have time to write this. Usually I laugh, agree and then forget all about it. Until today.... Today was particularly rough with my kiddos. We are trying to potty train our two year old twins and there was pee EVERYWHERE! Combine the pee with our normal daily disasters and it was an extra difficult day. As I was holding my adorable two year old sons hand and walking him to his room for bedtime, I suddenly had an overwhelming urge to push him into the wall. There... I said it. I wanted to push my beautiful baby boy right into the wall and he wasn't even doing anything wrong at the moment. After I put him and his sister to bed (no wall pushing occurred) I thought to myself "I can't be the only one who feels this way, there must be others out there too, fighting off the urge to bounce their kid off the wall for no good reason!". And it was in that moment I decided today is the day. I am going to write about it. I'm going to put my parenting truths out there for the world to see. This is everything you will never see in the What to Expect books, because if the truth was out there...nobody would have children :)

No comments:

Post a Comment