Saturday, May 25, 2013

And The Orange Jumpsuit Goes To...

 All of my kids are smart. Of course they are, everyone's kids are smart right? Well except maybe Walmart mom (see previous post for description) her kids are questionable. But Ethan, our 6 yr old is the kind of smart that scares you. The kind that makes you know that he's going to be smarter then you before he gets to High School, hell maybe even before he gets to Middle School! He talks like an old man and uses very big words correctly. The other day he came home from school and asked me how my day was. I told him I had a bad day with the twins and he said "Well that's unfortunate Mommy". What?! What 6 year old talks like that ?! I look at him and know that he will some day be a doctor or lawyer or some kind of "ologist" or.... he will be a career criminal. Because lets face it... he's smart enough to pull it off. You can find many parenting books out there that will tell you how to help develop your child's talents, strengths and even their IQ, but you will not find one book out there that will tell you how to keep them from using that intelligence for criminal activity. Do you think Bernie Madoffs mother looked at her smart little boy and thought to herself "I bet he's going to grow up to steal millions of dollars some day". No, I'm sure that thought never occurred to her. If she were alive to ask, I'm sure she would not be able to tell you how things went so terribly wrong for her son, just as the mother of a now successful adult can't tell you exactly where she went right. I guess all you can do is hope and try to tuck away your fears as best as possible. Because I promise you, your children can smell your fear and they feed off of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment